DRAFT Utilities June 2021 Committee minutes

Utilities Committee

Council Chairperson – Rodney Scott

DRAFT June 16, 2021

 

 

Rodney Scott called the Utilities meeting to order at 8:17 pm on June 16, 2021.

We are recording this meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.

 

Members Present:   Rodney Scott, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Tom Stinnett and Ann P Moyer.

 

Others Present:   Frank Preedy- Borough EMC, Jim Kopchak-Riegelsville Zoning Officer and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.

 

Concerns from Citizens:  Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.

1-Borough resident present and Beth Banko-Riegelsville Library Board member were present.

Discussions:

Bob Ryan, Borough resident asked if Council did anything more finding different oil or electric companies. Rodney asked if he sent the information to the Borough office, Sherry stated that info was not received. Bob said he would resend it. Rodney stated we have not changed our current companies.

Bob Ryan asked Rodney why he was working on the office renovation/repairs and not Ed since he is the properties chair. Rodney stated since his day job is doing fit outs it was easier for him to help and give Council the information for discussions. Rodney met with Charlie- with Cowan Borough Engineer to discuss a draft plan and then Cowan will do the Bid specs so it can go out for Bid. The renovation is needed to add more ADA accessibility, safety for employees and Borough residents. There will be new LED lighting, flooring, painting some electrical work and changing the back door. Bob suggested a mini split AC since the current AC unit is very old and probably not efficient.  Council said that is a good idea too. Rodney said we want to get this done so the employees can get back in the office.

Council discussed the Water Company customers that continue to be excessively late every quarter billing. Possibly charging a flat fee. It takes employees many hours to get out the late notices (mail & posting) and then the shut off notice (posting) Tammy gave Council a copy of the current PUC guidelines although we are not regulated we try to follow their guidelines. Council will continue to look into amending our current policy.

Bob Ryan asked where we are with the new Gov-Pay for electronic payments. Sherry reported that the terminal is on the way probably be here this week.

Sherry reported that our current computer company’s owner has passed and we are not sure what will happen in the future. Sherry will look into this in the coming weeks and get back to Council.

Meeting Adjourned: 8:45 pm

Next meeting July 21, 2021   7pm

This entry was posted in 2021 Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *