Community Affairs Committee
Council Chairperson – Ann P Moyer
DRAFT April 21, 2021
Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm on April 21, 2021 via Zoom. We are recording this meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Tom Stinnett and Rodney Scott.
Others Present: Frank Preedy- Borough EMC, Jim Kopchak- Riegelsville Zoning Officer and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
4- Borough resident attended the Zoom and Beth Banko-Riegelsville Library Board member.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer reported to Council his March 2021 report. Permits: 2-Zoning permits: Pole Barn and Fence, 4- Building permits: 2-100Amp Electric, Generator, HVAC system.
- 129 Maplewood Road- No update, have not heard anything back about the stop work order.
- 715 Durham Road- Email was just sent to the property owner for an update ASAP.
- Durham Road Parcel, just has a collapsed garage and debris on the property. An enforcement letter was sent and the property owner met with J. Kopchak to report that the property will be cleaned up by the compliance date of June 16, 2021.
- No new ZHB scheduled.
- Waiting to receive the written decision from March 25, 2021 ZHB decision for 303 Poplar Road “Proposed driveway and parking pad”.
- ZHB hearing March 25, 2021 for TNT Groundworks LLC/Tom Murtha (Previous owner Weiss land/Easton Road-east side/Wayside way-North end of the Borough). Approved the special exception for deer fence. No permit applications have been received yet.
Library News: Borough office received the March 2021 Directors report minutes and they have
been filed. A. Moyer introduced the 2 new board members, Jim Bunting and Marshal Miller. They both stated they live in Riegelsville and are very happy to be on the board and help the community.
Beth Banko, Library Board member reported that there was no meeting in March but they did have a meeting on April 12, 2021. The Board voted unanimously to appoint both J. Bunting and M. Miller to the Library Board. Beth would like Council to approve them also. The Library Board received donations from Kimberton “Round Up” fundraiser and also Penn Community Bank. No Hoagie sale during Primary Elections.
During the mid-year they will do a “Go fund me” fundraiser on social media. The annual letter went out the beginning of the year. Ann reported that Council will let the Library know when we are opening the Borough building.
Fire Co. News:
- E. Bartosiewicz reported they continue to do training and going on calls.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee
- A. Moyer received an email from Bob Ryan that the new flower beds were weeded by 3 volunteers. Thank you for that. Ann talked to Joanne Walsh in reference to having an Enhancement meeting outside when it is nice to discuss the committee’s finances. They will update what needs to be done. The Walsh’s are going to take off the plastic tubing off Elaine’s Memorial Tree. Pansies are in the pot on the front steps of the Library. Pam Lazor will plant the 2 pots at the Pedestrian Bridge the second week in May.
- E. Bartosiewicz reported that they went on 100 calls in March and continue going on calls.
Rec Board News:
- R. Scott and S. Masteller reported that the water is on. The T-Ball team has started practice. Softball team will start practicing soon. Men’s team continues to practice, games start in May. 2 Yoga groups will be using the park and forever fit boot camp too. It is great to see the park being used by the community.
Riegelsville Emergency Management:
- F. Preedy attended the second Hazardous mitigation meeting. and this
- Frank is attending the State of New Jersey certification for International Residential Code updates and will attend 2 more webinars.
- Frank is attending 2 webinars May 14 and May 21 for PA “Floodplain Fridays”.
Riegelsville Planning Commission:
- T. Stinnett reported that they did not have an April meeting but will have a May 3, 2021 meeting at 7pm. S. Masteller will send the information out the same as the other Borough meetings.
Meeting adjourned 7:20 pm.
Next meeting May 26, 2021 7pm