Community Affairs Committee
Council Chairperson – Ann P Moyer
DRAFT March 17, 2021
Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm on March 17, 2021 via Zoom. We are recording this meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Tom Stinnett and Rodney Scott.
Others Present: Frank Preedy- Borough EMC, Jim Kopchak- Riegelsville Zoning officer, Tammy Macaluso-Treasurer and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
1 Borough resident attended the Zoom.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer reported to Council his March 2021 report. Permits: 2-Zoning permits: Re-roof and Fence, 1- Building permits: Demo Garage.
- 129 Maplewood Road- No update, Will reach out to property owner to see if there is an update.
- 715 Durham Road- No update.
- ZHB decision from hearing on February 25, 2021 for 303 Poplar Road “Proposed driveway and parking
pad” will be heard before the March 25, 2021 hearing.
- ZHB hearing March 25, 2021 7pm for TNT Groundworks LLC/Tom Murtha (Previous owner Weiss
land/Easton Road-east side/Wayside way-North end of the Borough). “Requesting a special exception for proposed deer fence to protect his crops from wildlife”.
Library News: Borough office received the February 2021 Directors report minutes and they have
been filed. A. Moyer reported that the Library is going to put film/tint on the 2 windows in the Historical room.
Fire Co. News:
- E.Bartosiewicz reported no information at this time.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee
- Nothing to update.
- E. Bartosiewicz reported that nothing new to report except they continue to work.
Rec Board News:
- R. Scott reported that Palisades Softball sign ups continue and are a little low right now but that maybe
due to the pandemic. Rodney will be going to the park to check on the fields and see what needs to be done for the ball season. S. Masteller reported that when she was at the park this past weekend and there is a window broke in the shed and a cement cigarette holder under the pavilion is broke-Matt will remove it next week.
Riegelsville Emergency Management:
- F. Preedy was on the Bucks County EMA conference call for all EMC’s. The vaccine efforts continue at the 3 college locations and have a new space opening at the Neshaminy Mall. This week there is 6000 booster shots for both Moderna and Pfizer at the 3 colleges and 6000 new doses at the Neshaminy Mall.
- F. Preedy will be attending the April 7th meeting of the “BC Hazardous plan” round table.
- F. Preedy reported that they received an update from PSATS (Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors) that on March 10th, 2021 the US House approved a $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package, which will now be sent to President Biden for approval. The Borough portion of the “American Recovery Act” should be $84,236.00~ they are restricted funds.
Riegelsville Planning Commission:
- T. Stinnett asked if A. Moyer got a response from John Panasiuk after she sent an email. Ann stated she did not. Ann stated that the Borough Council was cc’d on the email and she didn’t receive any feedback either. Tom is going to drop off the Planning Commission handbook in your box at the Borough office that explains what the PC does and you will see that there hasn’t been anything that would require a meeting. Ann stated that since this is a committee that there should be some kind of a meeting or at least a summary in writing.
Meeting adjourned 7:16 pm.
Next meeting April 21, 2021 7pm