Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:01 pm on February 17, 2021 via Zoom. We are recording this meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Tom Stinnett and Rodney Scott.
Others Present: Frank Preedy- Borough EMC, Jim Kopchak- Riegelsville Zoning officer and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
2 Borough residents and Beth Banko- Library Board of Trustee member attended the Zoom.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer reported to Council his February 2021 report, Permits: Zoning permits: 2- Re-roofs, Building permits: 1-Stand by Generator.
- 129 Maplewood Road- No update, Will reach out to property owner to see if there is an update.
- 715 Durham Road- No update.
- ZHB hearing set for February 25, 2021 7pm via virtual for 303 Poplar Road “Proposed driveway and parking pad”.
- Tentative ZHB hearing March 25, 2021 7pm for TNT Groundworks LLC/Tom Murtha (Previous owner Weiss land/Easton Road-east side/Wayside way-North end of the Borough. “Requesting a special exception for proposed deer fence to protect his crops from wildlife”.
- K. Brandes asked if the Fig Tree has received a formal letter in reference to the roof, J. Kopchak stated that in the next two weeks he will send them property maintenance letter about the roof.
Library News: Borough office received the December 2020 Directors report minutes and they have been filed. Beth Banko, Library Board acting Secretary reported to Council:
- Chris Snyder from BC Library will be retiring, she has been our liaison.
- Kate Budlong has been hired as Bookkeeper to help the treasurer.
- Annual Art grant has been applied for and waiting to hear back if it was approved.
- Was the Outdoor Storytime approved by Council? S. Masteller will forward the unanimous vote from February 10, 2021 Council minutes to the Board, sorry for the delay.
- Annual letter will be going out the beginning of March.
- The Library Board is looking for more volunteers to join their board.
Fire Co. News:
- E. Bartosiewicz reported that the Fire Company is looking into joining Station 49 (Ottsville Fire Co) this process could take up to a year.
- Riegelsville Enhancement Committee
- Nothing to update.
- UBREMS News:
- E. Bartosiewicz reported that nothing to report except they continue to work.
Rec Board News:
- R. Scott reported that Palisades Softball sign ups continue until March 14, 2021, since Silver creek fields will not be used this season so the Borough fields will be used more.
- Dr. Stokes men’s league have started their meetings. Rec Board has received their tentative schedule.
- Riegelsville Emergency Management:
- F. Preedy will be attending quarterly training next week virtually.
- F. Preedy reported that he will be attending virtually the March 4, BC Hazard Mitigation Planning meeting. This meeting will be a blueprint for reducing property damage and saving lives from the impacts of natural and human‐made hazards. This Plan is also necessary for Bucks County and its municipalities to be eligible to receive certain types of state and federal disaster and mitigation funding after a disaster occurs.
- F. Preedy said the Saturday before the big football game a poplar resident put on social media to complaint that there is a fire hydrant that is covered with snow on the corner of Poplar Road and Emergency Squad Road, who is responsible to clean that off. Regan Wilson took his back hoe up and cleaned it out. F. Preedy sent him an email thanking him for his community service. Was wondering if the Borough has policy on this.
Riegelsville Planning Commission:
- T. Stinnett reported they have not met yet and has not heard from any of the members. A. Moyer stated that for that committee to be effective they need to meet. R. Scott asked who is the committee chair is, T. Stinnett stated John Panasiuk. Other member are Damian Newton, Peter Ryan, Jason Anderson, T. Stinnett is the secretary only. A. Moyer will reach out to J. Panasiuk and ask if they are going to have some kind of virtual meeting soon.
Meeting adjourned 7:16 pm.
Next meeting March 17, 2021 7pm