Draft February 2021 Streets & Properties minutes

Ed Bartosiewicz called the Streets & Properties Zoom meeting to order at 7:01 pm on February 3, 2021. We are recording this Zoom meeting.  If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.

Members Present: Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Ann Moyer, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett.

Others Present, Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.

Comments from Citizens:   Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.

4- Borough residents present.

Discussions:

Borough Building Front Porch- E. Bartosiewicz reported no update.

 

Borough Building Down Spout- E. Bartosiewicz reported no update.

 

Keystone Library Grant Renovation update- Borough received the Keystone Grant portion of the project $44,684.50.

 

Trail update- The split rail fence was removed from 945 Edgewood Road property, will be put on the Borough trail property. Signs are on order for the foot bridge that say” Caution may be slippery”.  There is no winter maintenance on the trail.

 

Spring Hill Road traffic calming- The traffic field study was performed on 1/7/21, the review dated 1/21/21 from traffic Plan and Design, Inc. was received from the Borough Engineer for Borough Council to look over.

Rodney asked if there has been a traffic study on Sherer’s Hill Road, T. Stinnett didn’t this one was ever done. We did add SLOW painted on the roadway and there are trail signs and a crosswalk to go across to the trail.  T. Stinnett asked how Council feels about adding a calming device. Suggestion was to paint SLOW on road and trail ahead/ walkers ahead on Spring Hill Road. Council discussed and will be added to the Council agenda on February 10. 2021.

Metal detecting on Borough property- The Borough has received inquiries to see if metal detecting is allowed at the Borough Park. Council discussed and is concerned that some will not fix the dirt and the Borough employees and volunteer work really hard to make the Park enjoyable for the Community. Suggestions were to put signs up and not allow it at the Park.  This will be added to the Council agenda on February 10, 2021.

 

Pedestrian Bridge update- There are a few boards to replace in the spring, power wash and paint with a non-slip product.

 

T. Stinnett stated we should discuss the Edgewood/Fern end of the trail since Gabi & Corey Capell and Gary Pulak are present for our meeting. The split rail fence is being moved and the bollard will go in and that will block vehicles from going in. G. Capell stated that they have people walking on their property and G. Pulak’s property south side of the trail. They hear vehicles since it has snowed. G. Capell is worried about her young child’s safety. She told the people trespassing to get off her property. People are trespassing on G. Pulak’s property and he is concerned since he hunts on his property. No Trespassing signs are posted and he doesn’t want anyone to get hurt. R. Scott asked how long the Capell’s have lived here and if they knew there was Open Space around their property before they bought it. G. Capell stated around 5 years and unfortunately they did not know of the Open Space. All three property owners would like the Borough to put up a 52ft galvanized fence on both sides of the trail to keep people off their properties. R. Scott said the Open space was purchased approximately 15-20 years ago with the trail in mind.  R. Scott stated that Borough tax money would be used to pay for your fence.  G. Capell said that the trail was put on their property and she had to get it surveyed and she contacted the Borough and no one said they were sorry that the contractor ruined her property. Borough Engineer had the contractor fix their property and realign the trail per the specs.

Council said they will work together by adding more signage, getting the word out to the Borough residents and asked if the Capell’s could put up no trespassing signs too. Council will research more ways to help this Trail be a positive project for everyone to enjoy especially during the times we are in right now. There are no fences on any trail in the Lehigh Valley K. Brandes stated. Additional “No Parking” signs need to be added to the eastside of Edgewood Road (South end) due to people parking there to use the trail. That hill is used by the Riegelsville Fire Co. emergency vehicles to get off the hill.

Meeting adjourned 7:52 pm

 

Next Streets/Properties meeting will be held on March 3, 2021 at 7:00 pm.

Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/7fD_np00um3Sfk17zmJaR8GnSNDpx_RYIDfimetKfJgQXbrd7GzXPfZWL-7C4tNX.O8iq0iNf2bPaY9_1

Password: 20v.yJf4

 

This entry was posted in 2021 Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *