Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on January 20, 2021 via Zoom. We are recording this meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Tom Stinnett and Rodney Scott.
Others Present: Frank Preedy- Borough EMC and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
Beth Banko- Library Board of Trustee member attended the Zoom.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer Gave Council his January 2021 report, S. Masteller read it. Permits: Zoning permits: 1- Residential Deck, Building permits: 1-Tank Removals 504 Easton Road, 1- Deck.
- 129 Maplewood Road- No update, Will reach out to property owner to see if there is an update.
- 715 Durham Road- No update.
- Zoning Hearing Board pending for 303 Poplar Road.
- 546 Easton Road New Home: Sidewalk will be replaced, Borough office received multiple complaints on the condition.
Library News: Borough office received the December 2020 Directors report minutes and they have been filed. Beth Banko, Library Board acting Secretary reported to Council:
- The new windows are AWSOME- they really cut down the road noise, thanks you to Council for making this happen and also the ceiling is repaired.
- Hopefully they will be starting a go fund me page since they can’t do any fundraising due to the pandemic.
- They have a potential Bookkeeper to hire to help the treasurer.
- Masteller will send B. Banko the info she needs to update the Board members.
- The Library has received the “Frank E. and Seba B. Payne Foundation Grant”
- The Library is not that busy due to the pandemic.
Fire Co. News:
- Bartosiewicz reported that the Fire Company members are starting to get the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee
- No meetings at this time. .
- A. Moyer asked if we had many calendars left from 2020. Maybe we can do one for 2022.
- UBREMS News:
- E. Bartosiewicz reported that the paramedics have received their Covid -19 vaccines.
Rec Board News:
- R. Scott reported that Silver Creek AA has opted out of the Palisades Softball. It was a financial decision for them. ELVS turned them down to enter as a separate organization.
Riegelsville Emergency Management:
- Preedy reported that the property owners at 504 Easton Road (formally Dale Wood) received a low interest grant to remove the fuel storage tanks. F. Preedy sent them a thank you note for the public service that they have done to remove them and make the Borough safer.
- Riegelsville had a close call of high water levels around Christmas during the high winds and melting snow in the river. Riegelsville was lucky but north & south of us had Canal wall collapsing issues. F. Preedy did windshield checks and properties by the river and Durham Road during and after the storm.
- Preedy reported that there was an article on the Tesla Car batteries are catching fire and firefighters need to have special ways to extinguish them.
- Preedy took a NIMS seminar in March 2020.
Riegelsville Planning Commission:
- Stinnett reported they did not have a meeting since it would have been the day before election and no one could use the meeting room due to the sanitation before the Election the following day.
Misc: B. Banko asked if the Borough received the check for the Libraries contribution towards the Library repairs. S. Masteller stated the borough did receive the check and it was deposited.
Meeting adjourned 7:24 pm.
Next meeting February 17, 2021 7pm