Community Affairs Committee
Council Chairperson – Ann P Moyer
DRAFT November 18, 2020
Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on November 18, 2020 via Zoom. We are recording this meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Tom Stinnett and Rodney Scott.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak-Borough zoning officer, Frank Preedy- Borough EMC and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
2 borough resident on Zoom, No one spoke.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer Permits: Zoning permits: 2- Residential Re-roofs, 1-Commercial Re-roof, Building permits: 1-Commercial Re-Roof.
- 129 Maplewood Road- No update, Will reach out to property owner to see if there is an update.
- 715 Durham Road- No update.
- No Zoning Hearings scheduled.
- 303 Poplar Road proposed garage, driveway and parking pad on hold. Received the 11/13/2020 court decision.
Library News: Borough office received the October 2020 Directors report minutes have been filed in the Borough office. A. Moyer reported they are running the best they can during this very difficult time.
- E. Bartosiewicz reported that the Library will be closed November 23-28, 2020, due to window installation. Sorry for an inconvenience.
- Becky-Children’s Librarian has put online story time on hold due to lack of attendance, hopefully it will be up and running in the New Year.
Fire Co. News:
- E. Bartosiewicz reported that the Fire Co they continues to go on calls (17 for October) and a lot of practices but no fundraisers. They participated in a heavy equipment rescue training and soon they have confined spaces rescue training.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee
- No meetings at this time.
- A. Moyer reported that St Peter’s Lutheran Church is looking for someone to take over the Volunteer Coordinator for the Luminaries project on Christmas Eve & Day after for clean-up. The enhancement Committee donates the money to provide the candles each year. S. Masteller continues to get more info from B. Callahan and will report back to Council. T. Stinnett is willing to pick up the candles. Council members have said they could help too once a schedule is established. This a so beautiful to light up Riegelsville on Christmas Eve.
- A. Moyer reported that there are some 2020 Riegelsville calendars left and maybe Becky could use them for crafts at the Library or if anyone wants any we could give them away. A. Moyer will take some to her schools are teacher too. S. Masteller will gather they rest of them money and past year calendars too.
- UBREMS News:
- E. Bartosiewicz reported nothing new to report just answering calls. 111 calls in October. They have been going to a few sporting events too.
Rec Board News:
- R. Scott reported that he did reach out to a few companies to service the John Deere tractor before it is put away for the winter. Rodney will send an email to Recreation Board.
- S. Masteller needs to ask Marie if they want the hand wash station back, it has been emptied so it doesn’t freeze in the winter.
Riegelsville Emergency Management:
- F. Preedy picked up PPE for the Fire Co. from Bucks County on Tuesday November 10 and dropped it off to Joel Roney-Riegelsville Battalion Chief.
- F. Preedy also talked to J. Roney about the “Round-up” fundraiser at Kimberton Food Store.
- F. Preedy will be attending an after meeting to evaluate the six months after the Covid started.
Riegelsville Planning Commission:
- T. Stinnett reported they did not have a meeting since it would have been the day before election and no one could use the meeting room due to the sanitation before the Election the following day.
Zoom Recording Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/mOrrwbcEZsZwI7UJqxRULcB8XZSqxIRKRYguZZq4H6TJTC_tvEtVlFwr_xMRNEpT.IVJIE_LPTWybmWq1
Meeting adjourned 7:15 pm. No meeting in December 2020, Next meeting January 20, 2021 7pm