President Thomas E. Stinnett called the Zoom regular meeting of the Riegelsville Borough Council to order at 7:03 p.m. November 10, 2020. Following the Pledge of Allegiance, Roll Call was taken. PRESENT: Thomas Stinnett, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Ann P Moyer, Rodney Scott and Mayor Stokes.
R.Scott motioned to approve the Council minutes from October 14, 2020, A. Moyer
CORRESPONDENCE: None to report
President: T. Stinnett- Nothing to report.
Mayor: Mayor Stokes reported to Council that he has 3 items to report.
- Mayor Stokes received a few complaints about speeding in the Borough and he will contact Sgt. Thomas with the PA State Police in reference to this.
- Mayor Stokes received a concern about someone tripping on an old sign post by 702 Durham Road, M. Brady took care of it.
- Mayor Stokes was contacted by Dave Xander, Borough Resident in reference to during the last medivac at the Borough Park the helicopter was close to the power line behind Frigid Freeze. Those lines should be marked for safety. Mayor Stokes left a message D. Berger, Regional Manager with Met-Ed to find out about putting up ball markers, will update Council when he hears back.
COMMENTS OF CITIZENS: Please state your name, you have 3 minutes to speak.
2-Borough residents present on Zoom.
Corey Campbell, Property owner -Spring Hill Road had a question for Council, are the bollards going up at entrance of the trail on Spring Hill Road? T. Stinnett stated they are working on that, we did receive a picture of someone parking there. C. Campbell said they are making ruts in the grass and trail but a roller came through and fixed it.
Community Affairs: Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on October 21, 2020 via Zoom. We are recording this meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Tom Stinnett and Rodney Scott.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak-Borough zoning officer, Frank Preedy- Borough EMC.
Concerns from citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
1 borough resident on Zoom, No one spoke.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer Permits: Zoning permits: 1- Roof over deck, 2-Re-roofs, and Building permits: 1-Roof over deck.
- 129 Maplewood Road- No Update.
- 715 Durham Road- J. Kopchak notified the owner about the condition of the roof, owner said the vultures tore the roof causing a leak that damaged the ceiling. He put up some temporary safety fencing and net to keep them off. Owner will be applying for permits soon for use and occupancy.
- 902 Fairmont Road- Re-roofing without a zoning permit, owner filed the permit.
- 120 Delaware Road- Fence installation without permits. J. Kopchak talked to the contractor and will do what is needed to come into compliance.
- 303 Poplar Road, proposed garage, driveway and parking pad. Ongoing litigation.
- No Zoning Hearings scheduled.
- J. Kopchak talked to the Contractor for the new house going up on 611 that the sidewalk is very dangerous due to the construction.
- R. Scott reported to Council that does 808 Durham Road has a permit for retaining wall that is going up in the back by the canal. J. Kopchak will look into it.
Library News: Borough office received the September 2020 Directors report minutes have been filed in the Borough office.
- A. Moyer reported that the Library will be closed Thursday October 22 and Saturday October 24, due to construction. Sorry for an inconvenience.
Fire Co. News:
- E. Bartosiewicz reported that the Fire Co they continues to go on calls (13 this month) and a lot of practices but no fundraisers.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee
- No meetings, nothing to report.
- E. Bartosiewicz reported nothing new to report just answering calls.
Rec Board News:
- R. Scott reported that the ball season is done. Now we need to get the John Deere tractor winterizes before it is put away for the winter.
- S. Masteller reported that she is getting the concession stand ready for winter also. M. Brady will drain the hot water heater and shut off the water. At the same time he will shut of the Cemetery too.
Riegelsville Emergency Management:
- Frank Preedy reported the BC Emergency Management had a teleconference with Dr. Damsker and will have another one next Friday October 30, 2020 in reference to Election Day. BC will be offering to disinfectant the polling places like they did for the primaries. Masteller said that the Borough received an email in reference to this about a month ago and they will be reaching out to what day they will be coming before election and after.
- Thank you to S. Masteller for putting out the “Trick or Treat” guidelines from BC Emergency Management Services.
- F. Preedy will be picking up PPE for the Borough and Fire Co. from Bucks County, when they are ready to distribute this time around. There are grant information for volunteer fire co. if Todd needs the information he can give it to him.
Riegelsville Planning Commission:
- T. Stinnett reported they have not had a meeting.
Meeting adjourned 7:17 pm. Next meeting November 18, 2020 7pm
Utilities: Rodney Scott called the Utilities meeting to order at 7:18 pm on October 21, 2020 at the Riegelsville Borough Hall.
We are recording this meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Members Present: Rodney Scott, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Tom Stinnett and Ann P Moyer.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak-Borough zoning officer, Frank Preedy- Borough EMC.
Concerns from Citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
1 borough resident on Zoom, No one spoke.
- Fall Hydrant flushing started this week: 10/19-10/23 (9PM- Midnight) M. Brady is usually completed on Wednesday night 10/21.
- Council discussed the draft agreement between Aqua NJ and Riegelsville Water Company. Information/Suggestions are being gathered from Mike Sullivan- Riegelsville Water Operator, William Dudeck-Borough Solicitor. This is in the beginning stage.
- E. Bartosiewicz received a call that the Borough Building roofing will not start tomorrow but will start Friday.
- S. Masteller researched information for the 2 property owners that are requesting extension on Septic Maintenance Ordinance. Currently there are 5 property owners that have asked for extension: 3 are due to low water usage & single (older) person residing), 2 are due to low water usage & 2 person’s residing. #419 Poplar Rd. is now a rental property and Council will vote on whether to take off the extension that was given in 2015. #429 Poplar Rd is the Landlords residents now. The 2 requests will be added to Council agenda for vote.
Meeting Adjourned: 7:40 pm
Next meeting: November 18, 2020 immediately after Community Affairs meeting.
Streets & Properties: Ed Bartosiewicz called the Streets & Properties Zoom meeting to order at 7:00 pm on November 4, 2020. We are recording this Zoom meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Members Present: Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Ann Moyer, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett.
Others Present, Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Comments from Citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
2- Borough residents present. No one spoke.
Front Porch on Borough Building- E. Bartosiewicz reported that we received a quote for the repair of the front porch and he has contacted the other person to set up an appointment to see the porch yet.
Keystone Library Grant Renovation update- E. Bartosiewicz reported that the Re-Roof was started Saturday October 31 and today November 4. They will be back November 5, 6 & 7. Hopefully be done Saturday November 7.
Trail update- S. Masteller reported that all the signs that the Contractor was to put up are done and the ones with the doggie bag holders are on order. The trail head signs are being replaced on Fern Road & Springhill Road due to wrong wording. Not sure when they will be replaced. R. Scott asked if we were going to put in a cross walk at the trail entrances off of Sherer’s Hill? Yes we are doing that, S. Masteller will see if Matt can do it before the weather gets bad.
Spring Hill Road traffic calming- S. Masteller reported no updates at this time.
Delaware Hill mulching update- Council discussed C&K Landscaping estimate for the replacement of Arborvitaes. R. Scott does not think they are Green Giant, he thinks they are Emerald Green and we should get the smaller ones 4-5ft. S. Masteller will ask C. Cardone since he planted the current ones. S. Masteller has already talked to Bluestone gardens for a quote on the Arborvitaes too, will reach out once we know what kind they are. More information is needed the quote is added to Council agenda.
Meeting adjourned 7:25 pm Next Streets/Properties meeting will be held on December 2, 2020 at 7:00 pm.
Finance: Kate Brandes called the Finance meeting to order on November 4, 2020 at 7:16 pm.
We are recording this Zoom meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Kate Brandes, Ed Bartosiewicz, Ann Moyer, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett.
Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Comment from Citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
2- Borough residents present. No comments.
- S. Masteller stated she added a few items to the draft action log, S. Masteller is gathering information in reference to the applicant Mr. Joye cancelling the Zoning Hearing Board hearing and will he get any of the nonrefundable application of $600.00 plus he will receive the $750.00 escrow back. The information will be ready for Council meeting Tuesday.
- Is Council ready for the DRAFT 2021 budget to be put on the November 10, Council agenda for advertising. Then will be voted on during December 9, 2020 Council meeting. T. Stinnett reported that he heard that the Liquor Control Board is not going to change fees for 2021 and the $450.00 will need to be adjusted in our draft Budget. S. Masteller will verify since the Borough office has not received any information about this ruling and then let T. Macaluso know so the budget draft can be adjusted.
- Council looked over the finances. K. Brandes asked about checks to Riegelsville Auto are from 2 different accounts. T. Stinnett stated they are shared with General Fund and Water Company.
- R. Scott asked what happened to the furnace on Tuesday during Election Day. S. Masteller reported that something was stuck where the water tank to the boiler. The yearly cleaning /maintenance is scheduled for Monday November 9, 2020. R. Scott stated the company he uses suggested to get it cleaned after the winter when you are shutting it down since it could buildup stuff since it isn’t running in spring and summer. S. Masteller will ask our Company on Monday.
Meeting adjourned at 7:28 pm.
Next Finance meeting will be held December 2, 2020 immediately following Streets/Properties
Approval to advertise the Draft 2021 Budget with 1(one) Mil increase, Ordinance #243 R. Scott motioned to approve and A. Moyer seconded. Unanimous T. Stinnett stated that the only change to the draft was that the $450.00 from the PA liquor control board fees was removed since businesses are not paying them in 2021. Council discussed this possibility during the Finance meeting on November 4, 2021.
Approval for TruGreen 2021 proposal of $735.00 for Delaware Hill Parking lot shrubs & down to traffic light. R. Scott motioned to approve and K. Brandes seconded. Unanimous
Approval for quote ______ from _______________ for Borough front porch rot repair. Council tabled this approval since only one quote was received.
Approval to waive the permit fees for the Riegelsville Borough Building – Keystone grant renovations Building permit $250.00 and Zoning permit $60.00. R. Scott motioned to approve and E. Bartosiewicz seconded. Unanimous
Approval for a 2 year extension from ord #227 Septic system maintenance 221 Maple Lane. Council would like the letter to the property owner to include that if the property is sold that it will revert back to 5 year as the Ordinance states. R. Scott motioned to approve and E. Bartosiewcz seconded. Unanimous
Approval for a 2 year extension from ord #227 Septic system maintenance 413 Poplar Road. Council tabled, more information is needed.
Approval for a 2 year extension from ord #227 Septic system maintenance 429 Poplar Road (Rental). Council unanimously denied this approval and stated since it is a rental property and it needs to revert back to the 5 year schedule that the Ordinance states.
Approval to return $750.00 escrow fee for Cancelled Zoning Board Hearing to applicant M. Joye. A. Moyer motioned to approve and K. Brandes seconded. Unanimous
Approval to return a portion of the non-refundable Application fee of $600.00 for applicant, M. Joye, cancelled Zoning Board Hearing. Council unanimously denied a portion of the non-refundable application few due to the expenses that incurred.
Addition to draft agenda: Stinnett stated the Cemetery sidewalk needs to be fixed too. S. Masteller will talk to M.Brady about that. Approval to add another 2 sidewalk slabs (120 Spruce Road & Cemetery) additional $400.00 each to the approved September 2021 S&M proposal of $1200.00 for 2 slabs. R. Scott motioned to approve and K. Brandes seconded. Unanimous
APPROVAL OF BILLS:
Total Bills & Payroll: $42,376.62 K. Brandes motioned to approve bills. A. Moyer seconded. Unanimous.
Meeting adjourned 7:38 PM. Next Council meeting Wednesday December 9, 7:00pm.
Zoom recording link: