Community Affairs Committee
Council Chairperson – Ann P Moyer
DRAFT October 21, 2020
Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on October 21, 2020 via Zoom. We are recording this meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Tom Stinnett and Rodney Scott.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak-Borough zoning officer, Frank Preedy- Borough EMC.
Concerns from citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
1 borough resident on Zoom, No one spoke.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer Permits: Zoning permits: 1- Roof over deck, 2-Re-roofs, and Building permits: 1-Roof over deck.
- 129 Maplewood Road- No Update.
- 715 Durham Road- J. Kopchak notified the owner about the condition of the roof, owner said the vultures tore the roof causing a leak that damaged the ceiling. He put up some temporary safety fencing and net to keep them off. Owner will be applying for permits soon for use and occupancy.
- 902 Fairmont Road- Re-roofing without a zoning permit, owner filed the permit.
- 120 Delaware Road- Fence installation without permits. J. Kopchak talked to the contractor and will do what is needed to come into compliance.
- 303 Poplar Road, proposed garage, driveway and parking pad. Ongoing litigation.
- No Zoning Hearings scheduled.
- Kopchak talked to the Contractor for the new house going up on 611 that the sidewalk is very dangerous due to the construction.
- Scott reported to Council that does 808 Durham Road has a permit for retaining wall that is going up in the back by the canal. J. Kopchak will look into it.
Library News: Borough office received the September 2020 Directors report minutes have been filed in the Borough office.
- A. Moyer reported that the Library will be closed Thursday October 22 and Saturday October 24, due to construction. Sorry for an inconvenience.
Fire Co. News:
- E. Bartosiewicz reported that the Fire Co they continues to go on calls (13 this month) and a lot of practices but no fundraisers.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee
- No meetings, nothing to report.
- E. Bartosiewicz reported nothing new to report just answering calls.
Rec Board News:
- R. Scott reported that the ball season is done. Now we need to get the John Deere tractor winterizes before it is put away for the winter.
- S. Masteller reported that she is getting the concession stand ready for winter also. M. Brady will drain the hot water heater and shut off the water. At the same time he will shut of the Cemetery too.
Riegelsville Emergency Management:
- Frank Preedy reported the BC Emergency Management had a teleconference with Dr. Damsker and will have another one next Friday October 30, 2020 in reference to Election Day. BC will be offering to disinfectant the polling places like they did for the primaries. Masteller said that the Borough received an email in reference to this about a month ago and they will be reaching out to what day they will be coming before election and after.
- Thank you to S. Masteller for putting out the “Trick or Treat” guidelines from BC Emergency Management Services.
- F. Preedy will be picking up PPE for the Borough and Fire Co. from Bucks County, when they are ready to distribute this time around. There are grant information for volunteer fire co. if Todd needs the information he can give it to him.
Riegelsville Planning Commission:
- T. Stinnett reported they have not have a meeting.
Zoom Recording Link:
Meeting adjourned 7:17 pm. Next meeting November 18, 2020 7pm