Draft October 2020 Streets & Properties meeting

Ed Bartosiewicz called the Streets & Properties Zoom meeting to order at 7:00 pm on October 7, 2020. We are recording this Zoom meeting.  If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.

 

Members Present:

Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Ann Moyer, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett.

 

Others Present:

Tammy Macaluso- Borough Treasurer, Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.

 

Comments from Citizens:   Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.

2- Borough residents present.  No one spoke.

Discussions:

Front Porch on Borough Building-

S. Masteller reported to Council that she has contacted 3 carpenters and 2 called back and will get in touch with Ed to meet them and give a proposal. Since the Borough office floor has needed to be fixed I also asked each carpenter if they do that too. They both will look at that too. The rug needs to be replaced with a new floor covering. Council agreed to this too. Rodney asked what is wrong with the front porch, Ed reported that the boards are rotted, Sonny found them when he was getting ready to paint the porch steps.

 

Keystone Library Grant update-

Ed met with the contractor when they measured the windows for ordering, they are different than before as to they are vinyl clad/wood inside and will be stained after they install them.  S. Masteller is working on the Keystone quarterly report that is due October 15th, 2020.

 

Trail update-

S Masteller reported that Nanstelle should have the signs by Friday October 9, and should be installing them next week. They need to fix the curve near Fern Road that is on private property. T. Macaluso asked if the Borough will be billed for that. S. Masteller will send an email to Todd Myers, Borough Engineer.  T. Stinnett said there is piles of loose stone from the hard rain that are hard to get through with a bicycle or just walking at the Delaware entrance and south of the footbridge at the Spring Hill Road end. S. Masteller will add this to the email to Borough Engineer.

 

Spring Hill Road traffic calming-

S. Masteller updated Council that Borough Engineer is working with Traffic Planning & Design Company that will be performing the traffic study by a radar gun. They will need to use a driveway and was hoping to use C. Campbell’s if allowed. C. Campbell said yes and S. Masteller will keep them updated on a date and time when it is known.

Delaware Hill mulching update-

S. Masteller met with Charlie Stimmell – C& K Landscaping at the Delaware Hill in reference to a vehicle that hit 5 or 6 Arborvitaes on the weekend. Council discussed removing all the Arborvitaes in that row and putting Split rail fence up or replacing them but spacing them out. They cannot be too close to the sidewalk since they need to be replaced at some point. S. Masteller will get quotes from Charlie. Plus Council needs to consider the upkeep for the Arborvitaes with Tru Green.

Footbridge update-

Ed reported that 5 boards have been temporarily replaced and waiting for the hardware Rodney has ordered and will put in.

 

Meeting adjourned 7:25 pm Next Streets/Properties meeting will be held on November 4, 2020 at 7:00 pm.

Zoom recording Link:    https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/WWwT9_ACyU2cVaVus2cSy5IR8H0jO2-9lSezsZAmJMwUH0XbMgMSMyvx_ZqgfrpL.pz4iPW8_GhzJc8VR

 

Password: 92Xa7!qR

This entry was posted in 2020 Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *