Community Affairs Committee
Council Chairperson – Ann P Moyer
Draft July 15, 2020
Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on July 15, 2020 via Zoom. We are recording this meeting. If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Tom Stinnett and Rodney Scott.
Others Present: Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from citizens: Please state your name, you have maximum 3 minutes to speak.
4 borough resident on Zoom, No one spoke.
Library News: Borough office received the July 2020 Directors report minutes have been filed. Margret Fritz- Library Board Trustee highlighted the Directors report to Council.
- Library employees Terri & Becky have been doing Curbside pickup since June 7, 2020, very successful.
- July 7, 2020 Library opened to the public. Plastic shield was put on the checkout counter, chairs taken away, patrons using the front door, Employees & patrons are wearing masks. Areas continue to be sanitized. Social distancing, toys and chairs put away.
- Fundraisers have been cancelled, Spring Book sale, Fall Book sale and the Brew fest will probably be cancelled too.
- The Children’s programs with Becky has been going very well. Summer reading and online storytime reading. Next week an online “Deconstructing Art” will be run by guest artists, there are sign-ups for these classes. Adult books group are trying to get together online too.
- The Library is doing their best during this difficult time for their patrons, money is tight just like everyone else.
- Hours: Tuesday & Thursday
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer could not attend the Zoom meeting. T. Stinnett reported to Council his July 15, 2020 report:
- Permits: Building permits: 1-Single Family Home. Zoning permits: 1- Patio, 1-Single Family Home, 1- Re-Roof.
- 129 Maplewood Road- No Update.
- 715 Durham Road- No Update.
- 10-12 Delaware Road-Riegelsville Inn, waiting for documentation from third party Electrical Underwriter that all electrical systems are safe. The “Open” permits for the walk-in cooler that is in the floodplain and the pad was not constructed per the “approved” plans.
- No Zoning hearings scheduled.
- Kopchak, Zoning officer put Information for Restaurants during Covid 19 Green Phase into his minutes.
Fire Co. News:
- Bartosiewicz reported that the Fire Co. has not had any fundraiser since the Covid-19 pandemic. The annual fun drive that is mailed to the Community is the only income that is coming in right now.
- The volunteers are still going to emergency calls and weekly practices.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee
- No meetings during the pandemic.
- Moyer spoke to S. Masteller verbally today she had an update: the gardens are still being taken care off and the dead butterfly bush will be replaced. The volunteer will be dropping an invoice for supplies to the Borough office to be reimbursed. A. Moyer stated in the future that purchases should be Okayed first before purchasing.
- Bartosiewicz reported that had a lull in calls coming in do to people being afraid to go to the hospital but that has changed and they are getting more calls.
- They are doing Zoom meeting also.
- They did purchase to new used ambulance.
Rec Board News:
- Scott stated the Men’s league has been underway and they had their first game last Sunday, not sure how they made out.
- Scott announced that we will be hosting the ELV Girls Fall Softball league to use our softball field. They only have 4 fields, 2-Mount Bethal, 1-Silvercreek, and our field. They start tomorrow with a practice, the games start end of the month. R. Scott is getting the field ready.
- Masteller reported there is 9 games scheduled so far and trying to see if the Concession stand can safely be run during the games.
- Masteller also reported that there are 3 different yoga groups meeting down at the park and a boot camp class too.
- Masteller stated we are waiting a few weeks before a decision is made if the Annual Fall rollout car show can take place on Sunday November 1, 2020.
Riegelsville Emergency Management: No update, Frank Preedy was not on the Zoom.
Riegelsville Planning Commission:
- Stinnett reported they have not had a meeting since the pandemic. They are hopping to have one in August.
- Stinnett asked S. Masteller if she has the plans for the new house in Cook’s field. S. Masteller stated she will look but Zoning office has copies. T. Stinnett wants them for the PC meeting.
- Moyer asked if anyone had any questions, no one replied.
Meeting adjourned 7:20pm. Next meeting August 19, 2020 7pm