President Thomas E. Stinnett called the Zoom regular meeting of the Riegelsville Borough Council to order at 7:00 p.m. May 13, 2020. Following the Pledge of Allegiance, roll call was taken. PRESENT: Thomas Stinnett, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Ann P Moyer, Rodney Scott and Mayor Stokes. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve the Council minutes from April 8, 2020, R. Scott Seconded. Unanimous.
President- T. Stinnett reported to Council:
- Welcome to Zoom Borough Council meeting~ bear with us we are all learning new technology due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We are following the “stay at Home request”. Bucks County remains in the Red Zone. We are doing the best we can during this declared emergency with the Borough code, and in the spirit of the Sunshine act. The meeting is being recorded, If anyone makes inappropriate comments, tries to sell something, is attacking someone, etc. you will be removed from this meeting.
- We continue to perform daily tasks plus added State, County & local Covid-19 pandemic emergency protective information that is being gathered and then being passed on via Borough website, “Rville Happenings”, posting on Borough office door.
Borough Secretary & Borough Treasurer/Tax collector are working remotely from the Borough office. Borough office phone has been forwarded to the Riegelsville Water Co. emergency after hour’s cell. Matt Brady-fulltime laborer is working regular hours.
- Riegelsville Water Company is running the same as before this emergency.
- Senator Mensch, State Rep Ullman, BC Emergency Operations Center & Frank Preedy, Borough EMC has been sending email’s daily with county & state updates.
- Trail update:
May 14 & 15 Contractor will be onsite to lay out silt sock installation. May 18-22, Contractor will be onsite with full crew installing E&S and also orange safety fencing in wetland area.
- Spring Hill Road Traffic Calming Update:
Council has been asked before to look into this.
The Borough Engineer would be required to conduct a traffic / speed study for documentation for the installation of the calming devices.
Budget cost for Engineer services for the study and report would be $2,500.00.
Suggestions are Speed Bumps or Speed Pillows.
Mayor– Reported to Council:
- Helped a few trucks to redirect them from the Bridge.
- Handled a concern that brush was on a sidewalk, by the time he went to check it out it was removed.
- Mayor Stokes has a wedding to perform on May 30, 2020.
- They were hoping to start their ball season mid-June but that may possibly be Fall-Ball, depends on the continued closures. Trying to find fields that are able to be used.
COMMENTS OF CITIZENS: 3-Borough residents present on Zoom. No comments.
COMMITTEE REPORTS: No Committee meetings due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Approval of Resolution R-04-20 “A RESOLUTION OF THE BOROUGH OF RIEGELSVILLE, BUCKS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA, EXTENDING THE FACE PERIOD DUE DATE FOR THE PAYMENT OF 2020 REAL ESTATE TAXES AND THE PAYMENT OF 2020 PER CAPITA TAXES TO JULY 30, 2020.” K Brandes motioned to approve and E. Bartosiewicz seconded. Unanimous.
Discussion of budgeted donation $200.00 to American Legion for the Memorial Parade (was cancelled). A. Moyer motioned to donate $200.00 to American Legion, and R. Scott seconded. Unanimous.
Approval of checks for $901.38 (Water Fund) & $901.37 (General Fund) to Jewell Computing Solutions LLC, (New Computer for Treasurer). E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve and K. Brandes seconded. Unanimous.
Approval of checks for $731.67 (Water Fund) & $731.66 (General Fund) to Riegelsville Auto Care LLC, (2004 Chevy wheels, hub, rear lights). R. Scott motioned to approve and E. Bartosiewicz seconded. Unanimous.
Approval of checks for $851.82 (Water Fund) & $851.82(General Fund) to Riegelsville Auto Care LLC, (Loader, Left Clam Shell cylinder leaking, rebuilt). A. Moyer motioned to approve and K. Brandes seconded. Unanimous.
APPROVAL OF BILLS: A. Moyer motioned to approve bills. R. Scott seconded. Unanimous.
Next Council meeting June 10, 2020, 7:00 pm.
Meeting adjourned 7:15 PM.