President Thomas E. Stinnett called the Zoom regular meeting of the Riegelsville Borough Council to order at 7:13p.m. April 8, 2020. Following the Pledge of Allegiance, roll call was taken. PRESENT: Thomas Stinnett, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Ann P Moyer, Rodney Scott. ABSENT: Mayor Stokes. Moyer motioned to approve the Council minutes from March 11, 2020, R. Scott Seconded. Unanimous.
REPORTS: Recording started during President report- missed the first few items
President- T. Stinnett reported to Council:
- Welcome to our first Zoom Borough Council meeting, bear with us as we are all learning new technology due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We are following the “stay at home request” until at least April 30, 2020 by Governor Wolf. We are doing the best we can during this declared emergency with the Borough Code, and in the spirit of the Sunshine act. The meeting is being recorded (started recording), if you would like the March Council minutes and financials they can be mailed to you, just email the Borough Secretary : email@example.com.
- We continue to perform daily tasks plus added State, County and Local Covid-19 pandemic information that is being gathered and then passed on via Borough Website, “Rville Happenings”, posting on Borough office door. Borough Secretary and Borough Treasurer/Tax collector are working remotely. Borough office phone has been forwarded to the Riegelsville Water Company emergency after hour’s cell. Matt Brady- fulltime laborer is working regular hours.
- Riegelsville Water Company is running the same as before this emergency.
- Senator Mensch, State Rep Ullman, BC Emergency Operations Center and Frank Preedy, Borough EMC have been sending have been sending daily emails with County and State updates.
- State Rep Ullman is asking to remind everyone about the Census. Bucks County has been very low on the past. So far Riegelsville has had 35.9% reported so far.
- Sherry will be adding information for mail in absentee ballets to the “Rville Happenings”. https://www.votespa.com/Voting-in-PA/Pages/Mail-and-Absentee-Ballot.aspx
COMMENTS OF CITIZENS: 6-Borough residents present on Zoom.
Amber Campbell, property owner on Spring Hill Road asked if anything has been done since the last meeting to help with the speeding on Spring Hill Road. They continue to speed even during this emergency. T. Stinnett stated he is not sure if the Engineer has been able to work on that yet, Sherry do you know? Sherry stated that Engineer needs to do a traffic study and I believe they may have just returned to work, I will get an update on that.
COMMITTEE REPORTS: No Committee meetings due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Approval to change the Riegelsville Water Company due date from May 1, 2020 to June 1, 2020. Scott motioned to approve and E. Bartosiewicz seconded. Unanimous.
Official approval (email was unanimous 3/20/20) for PennDot, this project improves location identified using crash data, and includes improvements on local road where they intersect state road. (PA 611 at Durham Road) permission to paint on Borough road, and Borough continue the low cost improvements in the future.Scott motioned to approve and E. Bartosiewicz seconded. Unanimous.
Official approval (Email was unanimous 3/23/20) to advertise Library Renovation Bid online PennBid starting 3/23/20 @4pm & Express times 3/26 & 4/2. Due date will be changing due to the Bidders needing to view the library in person so should be end of May. Will keep everyone updated. E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve and A. Moyer seconded. Unanimous.
March 25, 2020 Mayor Stokes Declared a Disaster Emergency due to possible effects of the “Covid-19 Coronavirus”. The signed copy was emailed & Faxed to the Bucks County Emergency Management.
Stinnett stated the March 25, 2020 Declaration needs to be extended since they are for 7 days so that is what this Resolution is for.
Approval of Resolution R-3-20 “A RESOLUTION OF RIEGELSVILLE BOROUGH, BUCKS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA EXTENDING DISASTER DECLARATION INSTITUTED ON MARCH 25, 2020 PERTAINING TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC.” A. Moyer motioned to approve E. Bartosiewicz seconded. Unanimous.
Approval of pay request #1 (Stone Trail) from Cowan associates $56,769.18 to Charlie Nansteel Tree & Excavation. T. Stinnett stated this request came after the bills and reports where done. This check will be prepared before the next Council meeting and will be added to report. This is for work that has already been done before the Emergency shutdown. R. Scott motioned to approve and K. Brandes seconded. Unanimous.
APPROVAL OF BILLS: R. Scott had a question- Did Matt buy 2 rakes on 2 different times. S. Masteller stated yes.
Moyer motioned to approve bills. R. Scott seconded. Unanimous.
Next Council meeting May 13, 2020, 7:00pm.
Meeting adjourned 7:31 PM.