August 2019 Council Minutes
President Thomas E. Stinnett called the regular meeting of the Riegelsville Borough Council to order at 7:03p.m. August 15, 2019. Following the Pledge of Allegiance, roll call was taken. PRESENT: Thomas Stinnett, Ed Bartosiewicz, Rodney Scott and Mayor Stokes. ABSENT: Kate Brandes and Ann P Moyer. Scott motioned to approve the Council minutes from July 10, 2019. E. Bartosiewicz Seconded. Unanimous.
Letter dated August 5, 2019 from Borough Resident William J Ripka, in reference to relocate the street sign that is in the back of his property.
President – T. Stinnett reported to Council that he is unable to attend the Committee meetings Wednesday August 21, 2019.
Mayor – Mayor Stokes reported to Council that he will be out of town on Wednesday August 21, 2019 and will not be attending the Committee meeting.
COMMENTS OF CITIZENS: No one present.
Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on July 17, 2019 at the Riegelsville Borough Hall.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak-Borough Zoning Officer, Todd Myers- Borough Engineer, Frank Preedy-EMS Coordinator and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from citizens: 2 Borough Residents present.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer reported to Council June 2019 report:
- Permits: Building permits: 1-Inground pool, Gravel Driveway. Zoning permits: 1-inground pool, 1-Fence, Handicapped parking, Structural basement repairs, Patio area with privacy fence.
- 530 Easton Road- Violation was granted extension for August 8, 2019.
- 715 Durham Road- Stop work order. No update.
- 1275 Durham Road- Stop work order, No update.
Library News: Borough office received the May 2019 Directors report, the minutes have been filed in the Borough office. Beth Banko, Library Board Trustee highlighted the June Directors report to Council.
- The Antique Appraisal Event was held on Sunday June 30th, About 15 non Library persons attended.
- Joanne Walsh, President of Library Board of Trustees resigned from the Library Board.
- The library now has an Instagram account #riegelsvillelibrary. The Instagram account is not synched with our Website.
- Brew fest is set for Saturday September 28, 2019, planning is underway.
- Beth also read online that the State of PA has increased the funding for Libraries, hopefully that means additional funding for Riegelsville Library too.
Fire Co. News:
- Sunday July 14, The Fire fighters had a training on Farm rescue.
- Tuesday July 16, the responded to 2 vehicle extrications.
- Annual Pig Roast August 24.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee News:
- No meeting on June 26.
UBREMS News: Nothing new to report.
Rec Board News: Rodney reported to Council,
- The men’s Baseball team are still playing.
Riegelsville Emergency Management: Frank Preedy reported to Council that he will be attending a Penn North East pipeline meeting the end of August. August 6th, Frank will meet with Army Corp engineer about the storm drains.
Riegelsville Planning Commission: no meeting in July.
Borough Engineer update:
- Todd Myers gave Council a Lot Layout plan for the Small parking lot on Durham Road. Todd reminded Council that the cost sheet does not include lighting. Council continued to discuss the project with property owner at 811 Durham Road.
- The walking trail bid information is almost ready for Penn Bid.
- Council discussed the Spring Hill road water line project.
Meeting adjourned 7:34 pm. Next meeting August 21, 2019 7pm
Rodney Scott called the Utilities meeting to order at 7:34 pm on July 17, 2019 at the Riegelsville Borough Hall.
Members Present: Rodney Scott, Ed Bartosiewicz, Ann P Moyer and Tom Stinnett.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak-Borough Zoning Officer, Frank Preedy-EMS Coordinator and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from Citizens: No Borough resident present.
- Update Well #2 had a tree fall on the roof, DVC roofing fixed it, August Council will add the 1/3 down for his payment~ then DVC will fix it.
- Rodney & Ed are meeting Eric Scott at the Delaware Road Hill to discuss the railing on Thursday July 18, 2019 at 1pm.
- Borough office received a letter from DEP in reference “Technical Deficiency-PennEast Pipeline Project, Bucks County” Tom said give a copy to Jim Kopchak, Zoning officer.
- Lead & Copper samples will be picked up this week and go to the lab.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:00 pm
Next meeting August 21, 2019
Streets & Properties- No meeting due to no quorum.
Finance-No meeting due to no quorum.
Approval of $1950.00 Estimate from Barry Hoffman, Electrical Contractor- Furnish & install 21 foot steel pole for future quadplex cable to power existing well pump station. E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. R. Scott seconded. Unanimous.
Approval of $1745.00 Estimate from Barry Hoffman, Electrical Contractor- Furnish & install Quadplex wire to replace existing cable. R. Scott motioned to approve. E. Bartosiewicz seconded. Unanimous.
Council discussed the estimate of $19,136.94 to replace the current Generator at the Borough Hall instead of replacing the controller. Council decided to replace the Controller. Approval of up to $2500.00 for new controller and labor for Generator at Borough Hall. E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. R. Scott seconded. Unanimous.
The Borough’s third floor apartment is getting some water down the wall from the chimney, Ed will take care of it.
APPROVAL OF BILLS: E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve bills. R. Scott seconded. Unanimous.
Next regular Council Meeting September 11, 2019 7:00pm.
Meeting adjourned 7:46 PM.