President Thomas E. Stinnett called the regular meeting of the Riegelsville Borough Council to order at 7:03 p.m. July 11, 2018. Following the Pledge of Allegiance, roll call was taken. PRESENT: Thomas Stinnett, Kate Brandes, Ed Bartosiewicz, Ann P Moyer, Rodney Scott and Mayor Stokes. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve the minutes from June 13, 2018. K. Brandes Seconded. Unanimous.
Letter dated June 12, 2018 from Bridgeton Township Supervisors Requesting Riegelsville Fire Police personal for traffic and crowd control for Carnival on August 29-September 2. E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. R. Scott seconded. Unanimous.
Letter dated June 22, 2018 from Bucks County Board of Elections, General Election is set for November 6, 2018 7am-8pm.
Annual letter received from Bucks County Tour of Honor, Council has been donating $100.00 yearly. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. A. Moyer seconded. Unanimous.
President –nothing to report.
Mayor – nothing to report.
COMMENTS OF CITIZENS: 3 Borough Residents, Nothing to report.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes and Tom Stinnett.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak-Borough Zoning Officer, Frank Preedy-Riegelsville EM Coordinator and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from citizens: 1- Borough resident ~ no comments.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer reported to Council June 2018 report:
- 2 Building permits: Meter Pan, Kitchen Remodel.
- 113 Delaware Road- Complaint from a tenant in reference to the apartment’s property maintenance. Violation notice was mailed May 23, 2018.
- 336 Delaware Road, 10’x12’ shed, exceeded the maximum impervious surface. On Thursday June 14, 2018, the Riegelsville Zoning Hearing Board granted the variance with conditions.
Library News: Borough office received the May 2018 Directors report, the minutes have been filed in the Borough office. Beth Banko, Library Board Trustee reported to Council the following:
- Planning is ongoing for the Brewfest being held on September 22, 2018 at the Riegelsville Fire House.
- The library is getting a new book drop for the porch so they are going to get rid of the old one. T. Stinnett suggested S. Masteller contact the Borough/Township Consortium to see if anyone would have use for it.
- The library board has been discussing the Borough building roof that needs to be replaced, they are willing to help fund it. Beth said they are also trying to find a grant for it too. Council has been putting money aside during each budget year.
- Cooper Mechanical will be performing the annual AC check on May 22, 2018.
Proposed Walking Trail: No update.
Fire Co. News:
- June 17 Father’s Day breakfast served 350.
- The Engine 42 truck is being repaired the job was more than expected and taking longer. REMARKS: Ed reported to Council the truck should be done and delivered Friday July 13, 2018.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee News:
- Next meeting is June 27.
- No June meeting due to no quorum.
Rec Board News:
- 2 girls Softball teams are winding down and the guy’s team still has a few games left.
- There are 4 pavilion rentals June & July so far.
Riegelsville Emergency Management:
- Frank Preedy reported to Council that they had a meeting on Saturday June 2, 2018 in attendance was Frank Preedy, Jason Anderson and John Panasiuk. They are using the Borough Zoning office instead of the Fire House for the command post.
- If there is a warming station in the Borough the Bucks County EOC would like to know.
Riegelsville Planning Commission:
- They had a quorum with 3 members and were able to look over the minutes and vote on the past minutes.
Members Present: Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Anne P Moyer and Tom Stinnett.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from Citizens: 1- borough resident was present, no concerns at this time.
The borough office received the 2018/2019 salt consortium information, S. Masteller will email all the signed documents tomorrow June 21, 2018.
There is a drainage pipe at 512 Easton Road that needs to be cleaned out, M. Brady will add this to his list.
Streets & Properties: No meeting due to July 4th Holiday.
Finance: No meeting due to July 4th Holiday.
Approval of Resolution R-03-18 “Municipal resolution for ratification of the final Bucks County municipal waste management plan”. E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. K. Brandes seconded. Unanimous.
Riegel Federal Credit Union has expanded their charter into Bucks County, mailing was received.
Riegelsville Borough uses Caselle-(Proven Software Solutions for Local Government) they are upgrading the software. Our quote is monthly $150.00, annually $1800.00-5% discount $1710.00. E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. A. Moyer seconded. Unanimous.
AT&T would like to possibly construct a new tower at 333 Delaware Road, Council would like S. Masteller to invite them to a Council meeting for a discussion.
APPROVAL OF BILLS: R. Scott motioned to approve bills. K. Brandes seconded. Unanimous.
Next regular Council Meeting August 8, 2018 7:00pm.
Meeting adjourned 7:30 PM.