August 2018 Council Minutes

President Thomas E. Stinnett called the regular meeting of the Riegelsville Borough Council to order at 7:00 p.m. August 8, 2018.  Following the Pledge of Allegiance, roll call was taken.  PRESENT: Thomas Stinnett, Kate Brandes, Ed Bartosiewicz, Ann P Moyer, Rodney Scott, Mayor Stokes and William Dudeck-Borough Solicitor.  Moyer motioned to approve the minutes from July 11, 2018. K. Brandes Seconded.   Unanimous.

CORRESPONDENCE:  

Letter dated July 13, 2018 from Redevelopment Authority of the County of Bucks.

Message received from Rich Wilson from the Riegelsville American Legion post #950.

Letter dated August 3, 2018 from J. David Xander from the Riegelsville American Legion post #950.

REPORTS:

President –Nothing to report.

Mayor Received a message from a concerned Borough resident about the rising river and he told them that we are monitoring and everyone will be notified.

COMMENTS OF CITIZENS:  2 Borough Residents, Nothing to report.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:
Community Affairs

Members Present:  Tom Stinnett, Ed Bartosiewicz and Rodney Scott.

Others Present:   Jim Kopchak-Borough Zoning Officer, Frank Preedy-Riegelsville EM Coordinator and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.

Concerns from citizens:   No one present.

Discussions:

Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer reported to Council July 2018 report:

2 Building permits: Electric/HVAC, 20 kW generator.

  • 113 Delaware Road- Complaint from a tenant in reference to the apartment’s property maintenance.  Violation notice was mailed May 23, 2018.  Jim will follow up next week.
  • Ash Lane Lot- Building permit applications denied. Incomplete submission, missing construction documents.
  • Library News: Borough office received the June 2018 Directors report, the minutes have been filed in the Borough office.  No quorum for the July meeting.
  • Planning is ongoing for the Brewfest being held on September 22, 2018 at the Riegelsville Fire House.
  • Library was closed on July 4th.
  • Story Time will resume September 4th.

Proposed Walking Trail: No update.

Fire Co. News:

  • July 15 breakfast served 260.
  • The Engine 42 truck is fixed and back in service.
  • They had a call and needed to go thru the new temporary traffic light on 611 and there was no problem.
  • Riegelsville Enhancement Committee News:
  • Nothing new to report.

UBREMS News:

  • Had a meeting July 16, nothing to report.

Rec Board News: Rodney reported to Council,

  • Our Palisades North 4/5 softball team won the championship.  U18 team went to the championship.

Riegelsville Emergency Management:

  •  Frank Preedy reported to Council that he will be attending a pipeline safety seminar on August 15.

Riegelsville Planning Commission: 

  • No meeting in July.

Meeting adjourned 7:53 pm

Utilities

Members Present:   Rodney Scott, Ed Bartosiewicz and Tom Stinnett.

Others Present:   Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.

Concerns from Citizens:  No one present.

Discussions:

There is an old meter pit at 316 Fairview Road that should be removed or filled in.  The curb stop box needs to be replaced but not the valve.  Matt will talk to W. Nicholas. Remarks: This project is being done by W. Dowd Excavating tomorrow August 9, 2018.

The new curb stops will be replaced at 815 Durham Road and 223 Ash Lane the week of July 23.

  1. Bartosiewicz reported to Council that the wall down at the traffic light off the sidewalk leading to the Borough parking lot on Delaware hill is lifting the sidewalk. Ed suggested having T. Myers look at it.

DEP will be inspecting the Borough wells tomorrow July 19, at 9am.

  1. Bartosiewicz talked with M. Brady about the hydrant that needs to be done at his corner, Matt will contact Mike Sullivan, Borough water operator, to remind him.

Meeting Adjourned: 7:53 pm

Streets & Properties

Members Present:

Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Ann P. Moyer, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett.

Others Present:

Mayor Stokes and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.

Comments from Citizens:   Nothing to report.

Discussions:

Alexandra Rutstein presented to Council a plan to revitalize the “Art in the Library” for Kids. Alexandra is looking into applying for a grant and would like to make sure the Borough Council approved this program before she applied for the grant.  Alexandra has 3 classes filled for August.  Council said that was a good idea and they will look over the grant application before it is sent.

We received the quote from S & M for the sidewalk work at the pedestrian bridge.  The picnic table should be delivered before Sunday August 5, 2018.

Todd Myers, Borough Engineer sent an email:

  • Walking trail update-in the process of clearing the PNDI (Pennsylvania Natural Diversity Inventory) relating to Bog Turtles. Slow process.
  • Durham Road parking lot. – I am having problems with setting the property lines from the record of

Deeds.  I will provide council two sketches for review at their August 15th meeting.  The boundary for the sketches will be based upon physical possession lines.  (I.e. Wall lines and fence lines.)

  • Water line- Spring Hill Road project. – Revised proposal being emailed.
  • Holding off on Ash Lane waterline.
  • Wall issue at Traffic light – Ed and I are planning to meet tomorrow afternoon to game plan a possible resolution. REMARKS: Ed & Todd did not meet yet.

Meeting adjourned 7:50 pm

Finance

Members Present:

Kate Brandes, Ed Bartosiewicz, Ann P. Moyer, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett.

Others Present: 

Mayor Stokes and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.

Comment from Citizens:   No Comments at this time.

Discussions:

The Borough received the annual insurance packet for 8/1/2018-8/1/2019.

There was an inquiry about renting the meeting room, they are not a nonprofit organization and they might possible wanted to serve alcohol.  Council said they should look for another venue.

The Borough office needed to replace the NAS device backup, quote is $599.00 from Jewell

Computing. Quote will be added to Council agenda on August 8, 2018.

Council looked over the finances.

Meeting adjourned at 8:09 pm.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

            Jane from Riegelsville Inn inquired about adding events to the Borough’s “Rville Happenings”. Council discussed this and stated that they are not Non-profit so we cannot add their weekly calendar to the “Rville Happenings!” unless they are doing a fundraiser.

Blue Flame & Kenderdine’s our current propane and heating oil companies have parted ways so our repair guy suggested we switch to Haly Oil / Great Valley Propane. S. Masteller met with the manager for all the services they provide and what the borough’s needs are.  Maintenance plan is $364.00 a year.  E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. A. Moyer seconded.  Unanimous.

Kris Kern, Director with Heritage Conservancy- may be able to help with a possible window & roof Grant, S. Masteller will get more information and will get back to Council.

Matt Brady gathered quotes for 24” Hedge trimmer quotes for Echo is $379.95 and Stihl is $399.50. .  E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve the Echo trimmer. R. Scott seconded.  Unanimous.

Approval of $599.00 for NAS back up device from Jewell Computing Solutions. R. Scott motioned to approve. A. Moyer seconded.  Unanimous.

Approval of quote $3550.00 S & M Services for Pedestrian bridge sidewalk & pad for picnic table. ½ down $1775.00.  Riegelsville Enhancement Committee and D&L Trail project.  E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. K. Brandes seconded.  Unanimous.

Approval of Quote $7250.00 Cowan Associates, Inc. “Spring Hill Road Water Project”- A. Preparation of Construction cost estimate, legal specifications.  B. Administer the bidding of the project. R. Scott motioned to approve. E. Bartosiewicz seconded.  Unanimous.

William Dudeck, Borough Solicitor reported to Council that we are waiting for the Judge’s decision on the Sweeney (303 Poplar Road) driveway placement.

NEW BUSINESS:    Mowing the Pedestrian bridge area.  The current contractor cannot mow due to the tractor not having enough room, S. Masteller will contact the other company that does the small grass area on the top of Delaware Road parking lot.

APPROVAL OF BILLS:  E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve bills.  K. Brandes seconded.  Unanimous.

Next regular Council Meeting September 12, 2018   7:00 pm.

Meeting adjourned 8:15 PM.

Sherry Masteller

Borough Secretary

This entry was posted in 2018 Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *