President Thomas E. Stinnett called the regular meeting of the Riegelsville Borough Council to order at 7:06p.m. November 14, 2018. Following the Pledge of Allegiance, roll call was taken. PRESENT: Thomas Stinnett, Kate Brandes, Ed Bartosiewicz, Ann P. Moyer, Rodney Scott and Mayor Stokes Brandes motioned to approve the minutes from October 10, 2018. E. Bartosiewicz Seconded. Unanimous.
Letter dated November 1, 2018 Thank you note from Riegelsville Public Library, for the Halloween Parade volunteer Judges Kate Brandes & Ann Moyer.
Upper Bucks Regional Emergency Medical Services, Inc. (UBREMS) financial statements for year ending December 31, 2017.
President – Nothing to report
Mayor – Mayor Stokes reported to Council that he performed 2 weddings.
COMMENTS OF CITIZENS: No one present.
Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on October 17, 2018 at the Riegelsville Borough Hall.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak-Borough Zoning Officer and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from citizens: No one present.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer reported to Council September 2018 report:
- 3 Building permits: Basement slab and wall, Deck and Commercial Roof.
- 2 Zoning permit: Driveway and apron, Deck and Residential Re-roof.
- 2015 ICC Code books are ordered.
- Expired Permits
If a permit is issued and no work has been done in 180 days, per Pa ACT 45 the permit is expired. I have started sending out notification letters. (Ongoing process)
Library News: Borough office received the September 2018 Directors report, the minutes have been filed in the Borough office. They did not have a quorum for the September Board meeting.
- Brew fest was held on September 22, 2018 at the Riegelsville Fire House. Great fundraiser and everyone had a good time!
- Terri and Becky will have training here in Riegelsville on October 12, to learn about our new book purchasing system.
- Story Time on Tuesday mornings only has thus far been popular. We have seen several new families participate in Story Time. Due to STEAM initiatives by the State Library, we will be having “Science Story Time” on a more frequent basis, with an emphasis on science concepts and experiments.
- “Programming with Sphero” was held on Saturday, September 29. This program was created in response to the Summer Quest Sphero program, which was so well-received that the participants asked that we bring Sphero back in the fall. Though attendance to this program was small, there we participants new to the library and everyone wanted to come back for another Sphero program (likely held after the Holidays).
Proposed Walking Trail: Nothing to report.
Fire Co. News:
- September Breakfast served 250. Next breakfast is October 21.
- October 9, went to the Riegelsville Library for Fire Prevention.
- October 6 was Ham Dinner.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee News:
- Boscov’s fundraiser sold 39- $5.00 coupons, Total $195.00.
UBREMS News: Nothing new to report.
Rec Board News: Rodney reported to Council,
Fall Roll out car show planning is in full swing for our November 4 show.
Riegelsville Emergency Management: Nothing to report.
Riegelsville Planning Commission: No October meeting but will meet November 5.
Rodney Scott called the Utilities meeting to order at 7:31pm October 17, 2018 at the Riegelsville Borough Hall.
Members Present: Rodney Scott, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Ann P Moyer and Tom Stinnett.
Others Present: Tammy Macaluso- Borough Treasurer, Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from Citizens: No one present
Hydrant flushing should be completed tonight October 17.
Borough office received an email from Elizabeth Balogh- resident in reference to a neighbor concern, T. Stinnett reported that the neighbor and Elizabeth worked it all out.
Council received the invite from BC Borough Association dinner meeting is set for November 15, 2018.
Council worked on the 2019 budget.
Streets & Properties
Ed Bartosiewicz called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm on November 7, 2018.
Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Ann P. Moyer, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett
Mayor Stokes and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Comments from Citizens: One Borough resident present-No comments at this time.
Bonnie Callahan, Borough resident emailed the Borough office to ask who was responsible for the pedestrian bridge, the boards closest to the Riegelsville Inn have moss on them and are very slippery. I emailed Bonnie and told her that the Borough owns the bridge and we will take care of it. Council discussed this and suggested Matt power wash it now and then look into either grip strips or paint.
Ed had a suggestion from a borough resident to change the fluorescent tubes in the Borough meeting room to LED bulbs. S. Masteller said M. Brady just changed all the bulbs to matching fluorescent tubes. Tom said the ends may need to change but not the ballast.
Ed reported to Council that he has not seen the water flowing at the Delaware River Bridge from the hose on the wall. S. Masteller will have Matt or Sonny check on this and report back.
Kate Brandes called the meeting to order on November 7, 2018 at 7:16 pm at the Riegelsville Borough Hall.
Kate Brandes, Ed Bartosiewicz, Ann P. Moyer, Tom Stinnett and Rodney Scott.
Mayor Stokes and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Comment from Citizens: No Comments at this time.
If there are not any changes that Council would like to do on the Draft 2019 Budget it will be added to the Council agenda on November 14 for advertising approval.
- Masteller-Right to know officer received a request from Charles Miller in reference to the Ash Lane Lot. Documents will be gathered and given to him.
Borough truck auction closed today November 7 at $5100.00, and will be voted on during Council November 14.
- Masteller was asked why we don’t put a draft Council agenda on the Borough website or emailed before the meeting night to help the residents to know what is going to be discussed. Council thought that was a good idea. S. Masteller will get it prepared by Monday or Tuesday before Council night.
Kate discussed the Keystone Grant that is a 50% match for a new roof and possible new windows on the Borough Building. Todd, Borough engineer will need to do sealed drawings and get quotes from roofing contractors.
Council looked over the finances.
Approval to advertise the Draft 2019 Budget. E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. A. Moyer seconded. Unanimous.
Approval to advertise Ordinance #240 AN ORDINANCE OF RIEGELSVILLE BOROUGH, BUCKS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA ENACTING AND LEVYING CERTAIN TAX RATE ON ALL REAL PROPERTY WITHIN THE BOROUGH. E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. A. Moyer seconded. Unanimous.
Approval to the highest bidder of the Borough Truck $5100.00. E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve. A. Moyer seconded. Unanimous
Chevy dump- water pump is leaking at the block, the repair is approximately $1100.00, and the truck is at Riegelsville Auto now.
The utility body is rusting badly, now the other side too, Troy suggested we look for a used body to replace this one.
APPROVAL OF BILLS: E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve bills. Kate Brandes seconded. Unanimous.
Next regular Council Meeting December 12, 2018 7:00pm.
Meeting adjourned 7:38 PM.