President Thomas E. Stinnett called the regular meeting of the Riegelsville Borough Council to order at 7:04 p.m. May 9, 2018. Following the Pledge of Allegiance, roll call was taken. PRESENT: Thomas Stinnett, Kate Brandes, Ed Bartosiewicz, Rodney Scott, Mayor Stokes and Todd Myers, Borough Engineer. ABSENT: Ann P Moyer. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve the minutes from April 11, 2018. R. Scott Seconded. Unanimous.
None to report.
President –nothing to report.
Mayor – Mayor Stokes reported to Council that he performed 1 wedding. Mayor Stokes also received a concern from a Tenant in an apartment on Delaware Road and contacted T. Myers with a few questions.
COMMENTS OF CITIZENS: None to report.
Ann P Moyer called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm on April 18, 2018 at the Riegelsville Borough Hall.
Members Present: Ann P Moyer, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes and Rodney Scott.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak-Borough Zoning Officer, Frank Preedy-Riegelsville EM Coordinator and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from citizens: 3- Borough residents.
Zoning: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer reported to Council March & April reports:
- 5 Building permits: Accessible Ramp, 2 Basement slabs, Electrical work and Residential Alterations.
- 1 Zoning permit: Re-Roof.
- 116 Cedar Road- Complaint inoperative/dismantled vehicle. Property maintenance letter was sent.
Library News: Borough office received the February & March 2018 Directors report, the minutes have been filed in the Borough office. No quorum for their March & April board meeting.
- The Library hosted a program on Saturday March 3 at 1:00pm on Bats and Pollinators. Sandra Yerger of the Heritage Conservancy was the presenter, it was held in the community room.
- Spring programs through June are scheduled.
- Terri Randolph attended the Public Library Association Conference in Philadelphia Pa on March 22 with Erica Sommer. They brought back one adult, two young adult and two juvenile books autographed by the authors whom they talked to for the library.
- Program planning for summer reading is underway!
Proposed Walking Trail: No update.
Fire Co. News:
- Friday Fish Frys ended March 30.
- Breakfast was April 15, next one is May 20.
- Celtic Dinner Dance is April 21.
Riegelsville Enhancement Committee News:
- Next meeting is April 25.
- Rodney Scott suggested the Borough look into doing an Annual clean-up day! Rodney will get some information & Sherry will send an email to the Borough Consortium and ask for info too.
- Nothing to report.
Rec Board News:
- 2 girls Softball teams and 1 Men’s adult baseball team will be using the fields at the Borough Park.
- We purchased a new refrigerator for the concession stand.
- Park Clean-up is set for Saturday April 21 at the park.
Riegelsville Emergency Management:
- Frank Preedy reported to Council that Mike Myers resigned from the team and he would like to have Dave Nadeau take the Deputy position until December 31, 2018.
- If there is a warming station in the Borough the Bucks County EOC would like to know.
- Frank will be scheduling a meeting the beginning of May.
Riegelsville Planning Commission:
- Nothing to report
- “No parking sign on Linden Lane”. Letter from Cowan , Borough Engineer
The “No Parking” sign that was located on the south side of Linden Lane is an older sign that did not meet the current PennDOT and MUTCD standards. A new “No Parking” sign (R8-3) has been installed approximately 200 feet west of 611 intersection, conforms to current PennDot Publication 236 Standards regarding size and reflectivity, and includes supplemental signage noting the location of the “No Parking” zone as approved by Borough Council on May 9, 1984.
Rodney Scott called the Utilities meeting to order at 7:38 pm at the Riegelsville Borough Hall.
Members Present: Rodney Scott, Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes and Anne P Moyer.
Others Present: Jim Kopchak, Borough Zoning Officer and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Concerns from Citizens: 1 borough resident.
- Bartosiewicz has a concern that other Fire Companies are filling up their takers with Borough Water and not letting the Borough office know how much they are taking. REMARKS: S. Masteller contacted T.Myers in reference to this concern. T. Myers stated that permission was given to Station 47 for hose testing. A note will be sent that states there is no use of the hydrants unless approved ahead of time.
The 2017 Annual Drinking Water quality report was mailed/emailed and put on the Borough Website.
The Borough Boiler had the yearly inspection, 2 conditions that need to be addressed.
- The heating Boiler is equipped with a second low water fuel cutoff device that can be tested; however,
does not provide a hard lockout with manual reset. S. Masteller will contact Kenderdine Service to take care of this. There are items in front of the electrical service panels. S. Masteller will talk to the Library about this issue and get it taken care of.
The Chevy truck repair cost is $4,092.25 plus the $500.00 deductible. The repair should be complete around the first week of May.
Septic Maintenance reminders for 2018 will go out the beginning of May.
Hydrant flushing will start May 7-11, 9pm-Midnight.
Council discussed the Borough Park survey plan with Property owner, Regan Wilson in reference to the Property lines.
Streets & Properties:
Ed Bartosiewicz called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on May 2, 2018.
Ed Bartosiewicz, Kate Brandes, Ann P. Moyer, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett
Mayor Stokes and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Comments from Citizens: 1 Borough resident present, no comments.
Discussions: Stinnett and Paul Servantes have been working with Brian Greene-D & L Highlands to get a Small Riegelsville Trailhead sign (was ordered) and landscaping near the foot bridge. They would like to add a picnic table too.
Borough Council is concerned that the Borough Municipal building has not been mowed and is very high. T. Stinnett asked S. Masteller to call J. Lance and check on the delay.
The new third floor tenant will be moving in May 11, weekend.
Todd Myers, Borough Engineer will update the Trail project during the Borough Council meeting on Wednesday May 9, 2018.
Borough Chevy truck will be ready by tomorrow May 3.
Borough Hydrant flushing is set for May 7-11, 9pm-Midnight.
Scott suggested we move the location of the portable potties at the Borough Park, S. Masteller will let W. Nicholas know.
Kate Brandes called the meeting to order on May 2 at 7:35 pm at the Riegelsville Borough Hall.
Kate Brandes, Ed Bartosiewicz, Ann P Moyer, Rodney Scott and Tom Stinnett.
Mayor Stokes and Sherry Masteller-Borough Secretary.
Comment from Citizens: No Comments.
Council discussed 2 quotes from W. Dowd Excavating LLC for Ash Lane & Spring Hill Road water mains to be installed.
General Primary Elections May 15, 2018 7am-8pm. Borough office is closed.
- Masteller wanted to remind Council to read the monthly “PA Borough News”, especially the “Q and A” section the magazine is very informative.
Council discussed the park plan map that shows the property lines of 504 Easton Road/Regan Wilson’s property.
- Macaluso will prepare the financials for Council at the Council meeting on May 9th.
Proposal from Westside Hammer Electric to upgrade the Electrical service at the Durham Rd small parking lot. T. Stinnett said we will table this until we get the plans together to repair the parking lot.
Approval of $471.60 to P3 Generator Services for repairs to the Well 3 Generator. E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve K. Brandes seconded. Unanimous.
Riegelsville Emergency Management Coordinator- Frank Preedy requested Council to appoint David Nadeau (Past Coordinator) to Deputy until December 31, 2018. . E. Bartosiewicz motioned to appoint R. Scott seconded. Unanimous.
Myers, Borough Engineer reported to Council an update on the walking trail, infiltration testing was completed today May 9th. The bog turtle evaluation will not be completed until June 15, 2018 after mating season. T. Myers responded to the question from Jim Kopchak, Borough zoning officer, about an apartment the needs to be inspected by a fire marshal. The Borough does not have an appointed Fire Marshal they would use the Bucks County Fire Marshal.
None to report.
APPROVAL OF BILLS: E. Bartosiewicz motioned to approve bills. K. Brandes seconded. Unanimous.
Next regular Council Meeting June 13, 2018 7:00pm.
Meeting adjourned 8:09 PM.